Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas-time is here!

I LOVE listening to the Charlie Brown Christmas album, don't you?? Between that and the Muppet's I'm not sure which is my favorite. I think CB wins out by a mere note or two! The kids love David Foster's version of "Carol of the Bells." Can't tell you how many times I've had to listen to that already this season!

Well, we went on our annual tree hunt yesterday. We needed to do it early this year because there isn't mush time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This coming weekend Jon is on Worship Team which cuts into our Saturday and I'll be in NYC on Sunday. Then, we're just getting later and later. I'm glad it's done and as long as we I remember to water it everyday we'll be good to go! Here are some pictures from our trek:


Coby looks like he may be having fun in this picture but it's very deceiving.....




You see, this was his attitude about finding a tree. The teenage years should be fun....




And so the perfect tree was found rather quickly and taken back to the truck:





As Jon was preparing the tree for the base, the kids were having fun with our stockings:





After mom's job of putting the lights on "just right, " Coby had the honors of placing the hideous beautiful angel on top of the tree (Ella did it last year):

Editor's Note: The horrendous green-striped wallpaper (and lace curtains!) is soon to be a thing of the past. Needless to say I am literally counting the days until I am rid of the last speck of 90's "in" colors in my house! And yes that is a mistake you see in the strips. That was hanger-error. Identity to be kept secret....


Here is Ella painstakingly adding an ornament to the tree (we only had one fatality this year):


Do you like my Pampered Chef stonewear loaf pan sitting on the top of my wood stove? They really should add that use to the catalog. I think they would sell millions if buyers knew how well it worked with water in it to help keep dry-air at bay. I've been doing it for years with ne'er a crack!

Here is the finished product. Lovely, yes?

And if you promise to ignore my son's messy excuse for a room I'll show you his masterpiece.







Promise?












Okay...here it is:

HEY!!! You PROMISED!!

Now are you ready for the best part of the season? I splurged this year and decided to get my van (aptly named by the kids "Sie-oya") in on the holiday action:

Yup. I am driving around Rudolph this year. If you pass me on the roads, be sure to honk!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Everything looks beautiful! I love the car. Thanks for the food offer this morning!

Kathi Roach said...

Very cute Jenn!!! You are all ready for Christmas! Your tree looks great. I especially love Coby's room!!!!!