Friday, August 29, 2008

Recipe Friday

I made my banana bread yesterday and thought I'd share my recipe. It's very easy. When I have bananas that get too ripe I throw them into the freezer. When I have enough I thaw them and use them for this bread. So simple! Enjoy and have a great holiday weekend!

Best Banana Bread
Yield – one loaf

2 C All-purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Salt
½ C Butter, softened
¾ C Brown Sugar
2 Eggs, beaten
2 1/3 C Mashed Overripe Bananas



Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter or spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.

In large bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.

In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Stir in eggs and bananas until blended. Add flour mixture and stir just until blended. Pour into loaf pan.

Bake 60-65 minutes. Let cool for 10 then turn onto wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

TopazGirl said...

You have great timing - I need to make banana bread this weekend, and will try your recipe. :)