Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I could just cry....

I think I'm getting my hair chopped off tomorrow. I went today for a trim and she talked me into soft layers around my face so when I blew it out with a hairdryer and a round brush it would frame my face. Nice..... But tonight when I took it out of the bun/ponytail thing I had it in (yes, I put it right up wet, I didn't get it styled or anything because I spent the day @ home with 4 kids.....) I freaked out. The shortest layer is around my chin, which I knew about because it was framing my face....What I didn't know is that she took that all the way around the back of my head. So now, when my hair is down, it's chin length until halfway around my head. I HATE that look. Reminds me of a rat tail or something because now all my length is in the very back middle. I'm tearing up just writing this. I had even talked to the women about growing my hair out to donate it. We had talked about Ella's alopecia because she had trimmed her hair before mine. Why would she do that if she knew I was trying to grow it out? Again, I wouldn't have minded if it had just been the front of my face, but it's all around. The only way out is to cut it all that length. I'm soooooo upset about this. I've been growing it out for years and finally cut away the last of the perm and thought I was home free. I know it will grow back, but I don't think I look good with hair that short. Not to mention, Jon likes it long. He's bummed, too. He even said to me, "I don't like it." I have to agree with him. I don't like it.....

So, all you readers out there, come out of lurkdome and tell me about your bad haircut experiences ('cuz I know you all have had one....) and make me feel better and reassure me it WILL grow back.....

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

jen,
don't freak out and do anything drastic just yet! sleep on it a day or so (and wear a baseball cap tomorrow if you have to!). it's probably not as short as you think it is, especially if you can still put it in a ponytail/bun right??

Kathi Roach said...

That is frustrating. I'm sorry.

Maybe you can go to someone else and see what they can do to help fix it....I wouldn't go back to the same girl.

Maybe it's my old age, but hair (or a bad haircut) doesn't freak me out anymore. (Not since 3rd grade when I wanted the Dorothy Hamil haircut and came out looking like a boy. :)

Your hair doesn't define you...your beauty is on the inside. I can assure you, it will grow back before you know it.

PS. Love the Bday party pix...I'll have to show B when he wakes up.

Dani said...

I was never allowed to cut my hair until I was 18, it was a rule, and I was a very compliant child. But when I turned 18 I decided to get that really trendy Jenn Aniston cut and the stylist must not have been very good because it turned out awful!! Just like what you described here, a short layer just laying on top of long hair all the way around and I cried too. I ended up getting it cut short and I loved it but I was a lot younger at the time. I found a stylist that I LOVE at A Final Touch in Eldersburg, her name is Katina Finks. She's awesome and can probably fix your haircut without chopping it all off!!