Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

We had another fun weekend! Friday evening I had a wedding rehearsal to go to, so Jon and the kids hung out until I got home. Saturday after breakfast Jon took the kids over to my brother and sister-in-law's house to help get rid of a tree that had fallen during one of our recent storms. Then they brought their two cousins back with them and they played all afternoon. After that the kids and I and my mom went to the wedding. It was my cousin getting married. The wedding was fun! I sung during the ceremony and then we went inside for the reception. The food was neat - hot dogs and hamburgers and BBQ chicken. Then for dessert they had the cake (of course!) but they also had a sundae bar. The kids got a kick out of that! They had a blast dancing and quickly made friends to hang out with. Here are some pictures:
Before the ceremony..doesn't Coby look thrilled?!?!:

There....that's better!

Here is a pic of me and my Aunt. It was her son that got married. She is my dad's sister:

The happy couple:

Ella couldn't wait to get a chance to dance with Sammi!:

Sunday we had church (just one service to be at...wow!) and then we went to lunch. We did some errand-running and then came home to relax. We walked down to great-grandmom's house and challenged her to a game of Skip-Bo (which Coby won.....again....) and then came back home. I then had to get ready for a night out. I went to see Brooke Fraser with some friends down in Annapolis at Rams Head. She was incredible! We have done some of her songs in church (Hosanna, Lead Me To The Cross) but she performed mostly secular last night. She has an amazing voice!

No comments: