Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Birthday

Last week we should have been celebrating my dad's 57th birthday. Unfortunately I was reminded again that it was also the time he passed away, right before he turned 49. I shared his story earlier in this blog, so for those of you who have not read his story, I have brought it back up. Just click the link below.

As I think back to my dad's life I often mourn for what could have been. I was very early into my walk with Christ when he was sick and didn't know how to encourage him to take that leap of faith. My mom and sister and I would always go to church, but he would never come with us. And I say that I was early in my walk because although I had gone to church my whole life, I never got anything out of it. But it was after I met Jon that I began to investigate this "God thing" more. I know God has a plan for me, but I can't help but wonder how my dad's life would've changed if I had been involved in my current church back when he was so sick. But, God is good and He has a perfect plan and I have to accept that and move on.

No comments: