Sunday, April 5, 2009

Look At This COOL Picture!

We went to the Cherry Blossom Parade and Festival yesterday in DC. I got some good pics outside that I will share soon, but came across this very cool one and had to post it! Ella had me taking pics of the jewels in the Nat. History Museum, which is very hard to do! Low light = flash needed BUT jewels encased = light reflection. So, I'm not sure how it happened, but I managed to get Ella's face and expression upon seeing this necklace right as I shot the picture!


4 comments:

Jodie said...

double treasure!

[ U j ] said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

What a great photo. Her expression is just priceless. My husband was just saying to me this weekend that when our kids get older, we have got to go back to the parade and festival. We went before we had kids, and one year actually made a whole weekend of it, staying in a hotel in downtown DC. But alas, with two kids who still take naps, we may have to wait just a couple more years to start making this an annual tradition.

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Love the photo and my husband and I were in DC that morning also. We got up really early to beat the crowds and strolled around the Tidal Basin taking photos. I posted a few on my blog http://theemptynest-janet.blogspot.com/ they were beautiful. How can you look at them and not know there is a god? Perfection like that is not haphazard, it is there for a reason. I enjoyed your blog and will keeping tabs on you. Not in a stalking way ;-)