Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Give her an inch, she takes a mile....

So, Ella's new fascination is pretend playing in her kitchen. Okay, maybe it's not so new, but her idea of using real water is. So, the rule for water in the playroom is a little in one cup. Perhaps I was naive to think that she would actually follow this rule? I don't know. But, she is now punished from her kitchen for a week. To which she said, "I don't like playing in my kitchen anyway." Uh-huh....

When I went upstairs I found a Rubbermaid lid filled with water with two bowls on top. After my initial reaction to that I look over and see that her Crayola Art Table is ruined because the dry-erase part of it has gotten all wet and we all know what wet coated cardboard looks like. As I lifted the lid to that (where the chalk and markers are stored) that entire well is filled as well. So, as I'm clearing away all the kitchen stuff to put it up I found another two large pots filled with water, two cups filled with water, and her entire tea set filled with water.

I thought I had made it through all the toddler/preschool years without incident.

I guess it's better than writing on the walls (which my kids have never done - knock on wood...)?

4 comments:

Dani said...

Maybe it was just an accumulation of a lot of "a little in one cup"s. I just did a little run around the neighborhood looking for Ben and Chloe because Ben misinterpreted what I meant by "stay in our yard". (Don't worry, I found them hiding in my neighbors tree that fell down). It's going to be a long summer isn't it?

Kathi Roach said...

That is frustrating Jenn. Thank goodness it was just water.

With my kids I finally just made a rule that if they wanted to play with water it had to be in the downstairs bathroom, where I could see them, or outside...it worked.

Stephanie said...

I always gave them dry macaroni. That kept them busy for hours! And was lots less messy.

Payton wrote on his dresser in marker once. But he was smart enough to write his brother's name! :-)

Stephanie said...

Umm-Steph is in town and was logged onto my computer! LOL!! This is Jen posting. :-)