Friday, February 29, 2008

Okay, so I was wrong...

Like, really wrong. Maybe I'll get at least a 50% next week......

So, I've been very zombie-like this week. So much so, that I am constantly forgetting what day of the week it even is. I guess you could call it a good thing, but I've got so much going on that's it's keeping me very busy. The bad part about that is I'm extremely tired. Everything started last Wednesday night (I had Worship Team practice and always get to bed late) and hasn't slown (is that a word?!) down. After this weekend things should finally start to even back out. My girlfriend stopped by this morning to drop off her son for a pre-preschool play date and was taken by how much I had gotten accomplished already this morning. Then she took that back and decided that it didn't surprise her because she knows how I am. I would list everything I'm doing right now but have decided that would tire me out even more, so you'll have to just take a guess....

Even though I've been incredibly busy, I've found more time than normal to be with God. It pains me to admit this, but maybe it does takes a tragedy like this to shake us all up a little. I know that's what it has done for me. I've always known that God is real and there and in control, but it's hard for me to be aware of that on a day-to-day basis. Now it's as if I'm clinging to Him and never want to let go.

Sorry to be such a downer. My hope was to come and post something light-hearted but it didn't end up that way.

I hope everyone out there has a good weekend. Please be praying for me and my level of stress!

Random Fact of the Day: I was once an "alter girl" at the Catholic Church I attended while in grade-school. I now consider myself a "recovering Catholic!"

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

"Now it's as if I'm clinging to Him and never want to let go"

I agree completely. I'm right there with you. Definitely. And I've been exhausted all week too...no doubt.

Thanks for writing, a lot. I love reading! I hope you can find some time to get rest tonight, after all tomorrow is Saturday!

Kathi Roach said...

Clinging to God is not a downer, Jenn. That is exactly what Kevin would want to have happened. Hang in there. You'll get through it.

I loved the part about you being an alter girl. Guess what? So was I! Only once though. My sister and I argued through the entire thing because she handed the priest the water and the wine and I was supposed to do that. For some reason, they never asked us to do it again. I can't imagine why?! :)

We've come a long way, haven't we? The journey has been amazing.